Guide to VK stories: how to make, download, watch, delete and watch anonymously
VKontakte Stories allow you to share photos, videos and other materials with friends without publishing them on your personal page. It is a useful tool with which you can provide users with useful information and advertise products / services. Well-crafted stories make it easy to sell affiliate programs, recruit followers, and promote the community.
In groups, you can manage stories, for example, view their statistics and add links to go to third-party resources. At the same time, the story is distinguished by the presence of interesting “chips”:
- after downloading, the user can see how many people were interested in his life, and who exactly viewed the attached files;
- you can add text, emoji or stickers over the media file. The material can be sent to friends – there is a special button for this.
- Masks are available for Stories while shooting videos to diversify the content.
- Since 2019, GIFs have become available in Stories, which can also be sent to messages or to the wall.
In this article we will tell you all about the possibilities of Stories. We will answer popular questions regarding publishing, downloading, deleting and editing such content.
Even the question of how to add a story to VK often causes problems for users. The publication of such materials is possible both from a computer and from a mobile application. When using the regular version of VKontakte (on a PC), the process of adding stories will look like this:
- Enter News and open the History section.
- Pressing the button with the camera icon.
- Select a photo or video to upload.
- Making additional adjustments (effects, labels, etc.).
To do a similar procedure in a group, you should:
- Select the “Add story” item in the main menu.
- Click on the “Add” button in the upper right corner of the page.
- Select files to upload. You can drag and drop them manually or using the Select Files button. All media requirements are listed in the screenshot.
An error while loading stories indicates that the selected files do not meet the requirements of Vkontakte.
How to create a story in VK from your phone
It’s even easier to create a story from your phone than from a personal computer. To do this, you need to open the news feed, select the “History” section and start uploading / taking photos or videos.
The further algorithm completely repeats the procedure for publishing content from a computer. At the same time, publishing from a smartphone is easier, since it has everything you need to record media files.
How to add music
To add your favorite music to your VKontakte history, you need to create or select a media file, for example, a photo. After that, a button in the form of a note will appear on the right side of the screen, clicking on which will open the user’s audio recordings. By selecting a specific composition, the user will be able to select a fragment that will sound when opening a story.
Please note: adding music is only available in the mobile app for iOS and Android.
Add link and post
To add a link to the VK history, you need to make a publication. After that, a button “Add link” will appear next to it, clicking on which will open a special window. It will be possible to insert the necessary link or inscription in it. From the phone, everything is done in a similar way. You need to select the entry, then click on “Add to Story” and download the existing content.
Note that posts are added to VK stories in a similar way. To place them, you need to click on the “Share” button located under the desired entry, and select “Add to history”. A window will open in which you can decorate the recording with inscriptions, stickers and effects.
How to create a poll
A poll can be created after adding a photo or video to a story. This can be done in the mobile application using the following instructions:
- After adding the media, a pop-up window will appear. You need to click on it, then fill out the question and answer options.
- Choose a design, stickers and other add-ons.
- Click on the “Finish” button.
You cannot limit the polling time. It will end in a day, right after the stories disappear.
Download, uninstall and other procedures
You can download your own or someone else’s story in VK anonymously to your phone or computer. You won’t be able to do this with the help of social network tools, so you will have to install additional software. So, to download content to a computer, you can add an extension to the browser, for example, “Saving VK stories. Anonymously”. The Google Chrome store has dozens of apps designed for this purpose.
It’s even easier if you use a mobile device. We suggest that you install applications designed to save VK stories:
- Story Saver or Story Save for Android phones;
- VK Stories for iOS.
Applications are available in official stores: Play Market and AppStore.
How to delete history on VK
To hide or completely delete stories, you need to do a few simple steps:
- Open the content to be removed.
- In the lower right corner, click on the button marked with three dots.
- Click on the “Hide from history” button.
Please note: this manual is relevant for both mobile device users and PC owners.
For anonymous viewing of Stories, there are no special tools developed by the VK team. Nevertheless, users often resort to other well-known services:
- VK Coffee is a special program for Android devices. In addition to viewing Stories anonymously, there are many other functions here, for example, working with the application offline.
- Kate Mobile is a well-known software that can replace and expand the capabilities of the VK mobile client. In the application, you can anonymously open other people’s Stories, hide your online presence and do many other interesting things.
If you do not have a mobile application, you can use special services or create a second page.
How to find out who viewed a story
It’s easy to find out who was interested in the new publication. To do this, open the story and click on the eye-shaped icon. This will open a list of users who viewed the publication. It is noteworthy that this can be done from smartphones and computers.
How to reply to a story on VK
After opening the post, a chat will appear where you can leave your message. So users can leave their comments, which will be displayed to the owner of the publication and everyone who opens it. If you decide to reply to the user with a story, we recommend doing the following:
- click on the button in the lower left corner, which will be available when viewing someone else’s content;
- share your feelings and thoughts using emojis, stickers, decals and effects;
- before submitting Stories, choose whether it will be available to subscribers and friends, or exclusively to the author of the post to which the reply was given.
Not only users, but also communities can respond to such posts. This feature allows leaders of different teams to advertise third-party publics.
How to tag a person or group
By tagging communities and people, you can tell your audience about them. It’s easy to do: just select the “Mention” sticker when creating stories. A list of groups and friends will open, from which the user can select pages to be mentioned.
Once mentioned, a person or community will receive a notification. By opening it, the user will be able to view the publication in which he was marked. Such a tool will prove to be especially useful for bloggers, news portals and thematic groups.
Finding the archive where all the user’s publications are stored is easier in the web version. This is a private repository available only to the content author. To find it, you need to perform several actions:
- Open your profile.
- Click on the corresponding button next to the “Edit” section under the avatar.
- If there is no button with an archive, you need to click on the button with three dots.
Please note: archived publications can only be deleted. You won’t be able to send them to other users or publish them again.
We talked about all the operations that can be carried out with VK stories. This type of content is universal – it can be used for advertising, spreading news, as well as communicating with friends and subscribers. It is noteworthy that the social network is regularly updated. Therefore, it is possible that in the future VKontakte Stories will become even more functional and useful.