How to make collages on Instagram
To diversify the content that you post on your Instagram page, you can add a collage to Stories. It will be several short video clips or photos that overlap each other and make the publications colorful and original.
The most popular ways to collect images in a collage
The world famous network periodically expands an already impressive set of built-in editors and tools so that users can present their life events in an interesting way. But to grab your readers’ attention even more, you can use one of the proven methods that is still trending.
You can combine from two to 8 photos into one collection, while Instagram offers:
- choose one of several built-in templates in the official program;
- take new photos immediately in Collage mode;
- download the required number of previously captured but not yet uploaded images from the gallery.
In what situations is this method of content presentation best suited:
- You have accumulated several images of the same topic, and you do not want to overload your news feed. A good way to optimize the flow is to overlay them by creating a collage.
- An interesting or memorable event happened recently that subscribers should definitely know about. The simplest and most informative presentation of graphic information is the same collage.
Official service from Instagram
When placing a new post in the feed, you will see an icon that launches the collage option. When you click, a window will open with a proposal to download the Layout program from one of the Instagram partners. The utility is downloaded for free from the Playmarket, and you can install it even before you start working with images – simply by looking in the list of popular Play Market applications.
Start Layout, after which you will immediately see an offer to upload the required number of images. You can take them from the memory or SD-card of your smartphone, or take shots in the appropriate mode right now.
The application offers to choose one of the built-in templates, after which you can save the resulting collection and immediately make it available to all subscribers.
Collage using standard image copy
If you’re not ready to search or download the official app, you can use the built-in tools. To do this, on the iPhone, you need to do the following operations:
- log into your account using your username and password;
- select Stories creation mode;
- define which photo from the Gallery you will use as a background;
- go to your collection or select the post you want and then click copy;
- return to the edit menu, find the tool to insert text;
- paste the image from the clipboard, select the desired scale and determine where the photo will be.
If you use an Android smartphone, the sequence of actions looks like this:
- enter new Stories creation mode;
- take a picture to be used as a background using your phone camera or select a suitable background from the Gallery;
- select “Enter text” and a keyboard will appear on the screen;
- click the pin button, then click Create;
- mark the desired number of images previously saved on your smartphone and publish them to history.
The main advantage of the built-in tool from Instagram is that you can insert any number of images into a collage. And one of the few drawbacks is the limited number of original templates and unusual frames.
Shooting collage directly from the camera
You can turn on the Stories camera and use it to shoot the required number of images for future compilation. An alternative way is to download previously taken photos in the same mode. You can use the built-in tools for cropping, moving the photo and offset from the center line, overlay any inscriptions and frames, stickers and text messages.
A step-by-step scheme for creating a collage in Stories looks like this:
- open the Stories camera, and from the left panel (in additional modes) select “Collage”;
- Decide on the number of images in the future collection. Here you can combine up to 6 photos – the system will offer you to choose 2, 4 or 6 frames;
- if necessary, you can remove any photo from the ones just taken, if it doesn’t suit you, so that you can upload another in its place;
- then it remains to press the round button with a checkmark so that your collage will be instantly published in Stories.
Convenient Story editing mode allows you to take full advantage of built-in attention-grabbing capabilities – add stickers or enter location data, specify the necessary hashtags or edit the entire collection using Instagram filters.
The process of creating a collage from videos for uploading to Stories looks the same, but keep in mind that it may take longer due to the larger size of individual fragments.
Author : Vladislava Rykova, Head MAVR Marketing Agency